Jon’s Background and Experience
- Fourteen years experience with the nonpartisan Legislative Fiscal Bureau, providing objective research and analysis both Democrats and Republicans relied upon for budget and policy decisions
- Fifteen years experience with the Iowa Department of Human Services, working with technology and administration such as improving Child Support services and collections and increasing recovery of government benefits that we overpaid, saving taxpayers millions of dollars.
- Former member and President of the Des Moines School Board, where he fought for budget priorities that put teachers and educational services ahead of administrators and bureaucracy.
- Former Board member of Polk-Des Moines Taxpayers, where he reviewed local finances to ensure good budgeting and spending practices.
- Former Board member of Proteus, an organization that provides medical and training services to migrant workers.
- Former Treasurer of the Iowa PTA.
- Grinnell College (BA ’78), University of Oregon School of Law (JD ’81)